Thursday, August 13, 2009

RAWR!

A few weeks ago, I was at a family reunion, where my Aunt Janice gave a presentation on the raw foods diet she has been following. She gave samples of a salad that was ah-mazing. So amazing that I made it within the week. Craveable, I say.

Here is my take on it:
2 ripe avocados
3 ears uncooked corn, kernels cut off
2 peeled cucumbers, diced
1/4 cup finely diced red onion

1. Mash the avocado.

2. Mix the avocado with the corn, cukes, and onion. That's it!

This salad was so yummy and easy that it made me start thinking about trying raw for a while. Summer in California is halfway there. For example, tonight for dinner, the hubby and I had a Caprese salad: sliced heirloom tomatoes (from the Smith Family Farm) with mozzarella, fresh basil, and balsamic vinegar with olive oil to dip it all in. Oh, wow, it was good.

P.S. I found this link to a New York Times article with 101 ideas for summer salads. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment